Southern California Chapter
The Southern California chapter is our largest membership group and is made up of individuals, both alumni and non-alumni located across Pasadena, Greater Los Angeles, West Los Angeles, Orange Country, San Diego, and Santa Barbara.
With the Caltech campus as the focal point, this active and dynamic group participates in a variety of events from dinners and receptions featuring Caltech faculty, to lectures, lab tours, and salons that highlight cutting-edge science from all six of Caltech's pre-eminent divisions from seismology to microbiology.
If you are interested in learning more about the Southern California chapter and upcoming programs, please contact the Caltech Associates staff at 626.395.6392 or email@example.com.
- Dinner and program with W.M. Keck Foundation Professor of Geochemistry; Chair, Division of Geological and Planetary Sciences, Kenneth A. Farley, on "MARS 2020 – The Evolution of a Major Space Mission."
- Tour and reception of Caltech's Vision Lab with Professor of Biology, Markus Meister.
- Dinner and lecture with Professor Jacqueline K. Barton, Professor of Chemistry; Chair, Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, on "DNA-mediated Signaling, A Potential Key to Disease Prevention."
- Project presentation of the Ae105 Aerospace Engineering Class Dr. Sergio Pellegrino and JPL instructors.
- Dinner and program with Professor of Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering; Executive Officer for Medical Engineering, Dr. Yu-Chong Tai, on "Micro Implants for Our Bodies."